10.19.2011

A random sunrise that greeted me when I arrived at school one morning. (Many sunrises ago.  I'm still cleaning off my cell phone.)

Sunrises seem so symbolic and hopeful to me at this stage in my life.  I think I actually like sunrises more than sunsets now. (!?)

I'm surprised to even find that out from my fingers as they typed it.  When I was a teenager, I yearned for sunsets, I worked tirelessly to recruit a band of my peers to get to the pier or the sand dunes every night so that we could to watch the beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan.

Was it because I lived near Lake Michigan?  Or was it about the pace of life?  (being a night person when young, a morning person when older) Or is it more about treasuring what is eluding your grasp?

(endings versus beginnings....)

No comments: