10.29.2011

Wednesday Window


The reason I make such a bad archivist, is because I'm erratically drawn to so many varied collections, hobbies and exhibits.  All my archival projects, therefore, become inconsistent and idiosyncratic.  But if our archives aren't judged upon social science criteria, but upon their ability to represent us well -- then -- I think inconsistent and idiosyncratic may well be impressive badges of success.

I missed the entire summer and most of the fall in my Wednesday Window series, but this is not (by a long shot) my longest "silence" on this blog.

Still.  I love the project.  The older I get, the more worthwhile it becomes to look for subtle changes, to notice the gradients, the increments, the mundane and the quotidian.  I want to catalogue and analyze all ways the dull and the sublime accidentally overlap and mingle.

No comments: