11.01.2011

Autumnal Bounty

My Grandmother Linda had a romantic imagination and a florid vocabulary to match.  The title of this post (and some of it's content) is not just an homage to her, but a nod to the fact that the veil between the living and the dead is quite thin these days -- and I'm probably channeling her spirit half the time anyway. Florid vocabulary and all.

The point I'd like to make about this photograph (last night's dinner), is that I *love* cooking during this season.  This is a crockpot meal that came mostly from all of the remaining contents of the frig before I went grocery shopping.  And it was great.  Carrots, Butternut squash, pork loin, green onions, onions, cumin, cinnamon and broth.

And more than anything?  Slow cooking in the crockpot.

I once subscribed to a blog called "One Pot Meal" hoping to get all sorts of amazing autumnal one pot cooking ideas, and it turned out to be a witty expressive outlet for a fiction writer that I followed, along with his blogging friends for a few years, but I never gave up the dream.

In a perfect world, I and my Grandmother would be making crockpot meals every night in the delightful year round chill of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and than blogging exaggerative posts about our successes deep into the night.

1 comment:

mommaglo said...

your momma is laughing and crying...