The Hope of Rising Up....



When I was a kid I dreamed of flying all the time.  It would happen as a byproduct of me trying to get somewhere.   I would then suddenly realize that I was actually flying to get there and become delighted and obsessed with my new ability.  I would experiment with using swimming strokes.  Experiment with simple direct flight.  Try jumping and holding it.  I would teach others how to fly. 

I'm sad to say that I almost never fly in my dreams as an adult.  Too often I wander around workplaces or softwares and solve the same kinds of problems I do in my waking life.  Or worse?  I just encounter those problems and am unable to do anything about them except, watch, interpret, understand and dread.....

This kind of STASIS writ large often feels like the stuff of middle adulthood.  The heaviness of life and its commitments is like molasses -- paralyzing and totalizing and definitive.

Comments

Popular Posts