Audiences Made Out of Love

Last year as I tried to build local audience enthusiasm for short films leading up to the film fest I directed,  we created pop up short film events "Flash Film First Fridays" and screened 30 minutes of short films several times in a row.

Early in the process I would sometimes disheartened that the crowds weren't growing faster, but I quickly realized how good it was -- how AMAZING it was to have audiences full of people who *cared*.

The thing of value I'm articulating today is the mirror of the "pure nard" I spoke of earlier:

Audiences converging out of love is an incredible thing.  I've seen far too many audiences built out of compromise, out of fear, out of passivity, out of greed.

When an audience develops in response to a story or song (or both or several) there's a kind of energy and connection that emerges.  I love that transformative vibe.

#50thingsofvalue

Comments

Popular Posts