Wandering, Purposefully Lost With No Timeline

This path winds through a forest preserve adjacent to our cottage and one of the things I love about being on a path like this is that there is very little deciding to do.  No worrying involved.  No outcomes that must be assessed.  No goals. 

Just meandering and exploring.

I love this feeling in the woods, but I love it just as much in a new city, in a museum, in a big library or a book store.

In the stage of life I find myself in right now, it is a rarity to have open-ended, no-demand time.  When that lucky situation coincides with a place to explore?  My heart and soul expand exponentially.

The wandering stays with me after.  Not just the discoveries that I make, but even better a sense of openness and wonder that sits inside of me like the layer under the layer under the layer of everyday demands and clocks and schedules and decisions and anxiety, goals and outcomes.

Comments

Popular Posts